Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend Fun

I met with my advisor Friday afternoon and got everything ready for the fall semester. The U of A campus is so beautiful and I'm so excited to get back in school and finish up my degree!

This weekend was perfect! Friday night Mike and I went to the Naturals game. We bought 2 general admission tickets, but found a section of picnic tables right behind home plate that were open to the public so we sat there. They ended up being really great seats! Friday night games are our favorite because, win or lose, they put on an awesome fireworks show after the game. It was a perfect night for baseball and we had a great time.

view from our seats:
strike dancing before the games started:
mike and I:
towards the end of the game:
These balls are a $1 a piece and after the game you have a chance to throw them from the top of the dugouts into a five gallon bucket that's on the home plate or on a tarp that's in front of home plate. If your ball goes in the bucket you win a trip and if it makes it on the tarp you when a prize. They call out the winning numbers and then you claim your prize. I have never seen anyone make it in the bucket!
mike throwing the balls:
lots of misses:
the next few pictures are of the fireworks show after the game:




Saturday we watched movies and played games. I didn't win ONE game at Sorry, Battleship, or Dominoes. After losing all afternoon I decided it was time to move on to something else-dinnertime! Mike grilled some chicken, zucchini, and squash and I made mash potatoes, peanut butter cookies and sweet tea. It was all so yummy!

Today has been pure laziness and I'm not complaining one bit!

Mike's doctor started him on a new medication Friday and he's already starting to feel a little better!!! I'm so happy for him. We have so many things that we've wanted to do but he was nervous about being too far from home and not feeling well. Hopefully he's on the road to recovery and we can start crossing of our "things to do together" list. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention last week that my best friend Crystal and her husband Chris sold their old house and bought a new house! They have been wanting to move for months now and I'm so thankful that it's worked out for them and their 3 girls! I've only seen pictures (hopefully I'll see it this week in person) but it's beautiful! Congrats you guys!

0 comments: