Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Man's Junk Is Another Man's Treasure

I’m in Ozark for a couple of days for Bargains Galore on 64! Every year, around this time, a ton of people between Ft. Smith and Conway (160 miles) set up yard sales on Highway 64. Only in Arkansas! J Neither my mom nor I had ever participated before, but the nursery is right on Highway 64, and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get rid of some “junk”. I came down early this morning to help mom get everything out and organized. Two of my mom’s friends are also set up there so between the four of us there’s enough stuff for people to think it’s worth stopping by. Day one wasn’t too bad- we all made a little money! I don’t know why they have this in August. Do they not know how hot August is in Arkansas! Thank goodness there’s a huge oak tree at the nursery that makes an awesome shade tree. I’m hoping to sell more tomorrow. I’ve decided that nothing’s coming back home with me so any leftover’s are heading to the 25 cent store!

I met my friend, Angie, at the local Dari Delite for dinner tonight. Man did that place bring back some memories. It was the place to be when I was in high school and tonight was the first time I’d been there in over 10 years! The food wasn’t as good as I remember -maybe because I don’t eat the same as I did in high school. It was so good to see and catch up with Angie!

Wednesday, I cut 5 ½ inches off my hair- EEKK! I haven’t had my hair this short in a long time but I’m loving it. It’s so easy to fix and I like easy.

Hope you’re all having a great week! Tomorrow’s Friday- Yipee!

0 comments: