Sunday, August 9, 2009

Visiting with Family

It is so good to be home! It has been one busy weekend. Friday, I got the house straighten up and my bags packed to head out of town for the weekend. I spent that night at my mom's house. I made some peanut butter cookies for the reunion and when mom got home from work she made a squash salad.

Saturday morning we got up at 5am, packed the car, and headed to Little Rock. The drive is so long but I really enjoy the time with my mom. We talked non stop all the way there. Once we got to Little Rock we went to my grandma's house, picked her up, and then made our way to Pangburn, Arkansas for our family reunion. My mom, grandma, and I were the first to show up so we got everything set up and ready. There was so much great food and fellowship. It was great to see everyone. Afterwards we went to the cemetery where most of my family is buried and then drove the loop around Marsh Mountain. We spent Saturday night at my grandma's house.

Sunday morning we had breakfast and then went to the hospital to visit my great aunt. As I had mentioned in a previous post she had Brian surgery on Friday. They went under her top lip and through her nose to get to the cyst that was on her pituitary gland. Her whole face was so swollen and around her mouth was black and blue. I almost started to cry when I first saw her. She was a little groggy so we stayed just long enough to fill her in on how the reunion went and to tell her we love her. She will be able to go home Monday if everything looks good. YIPEE!

We said bye to my grandma and head back to Ozark Sunday afternoon. I didn't stay long at my mom's before heading back to Fayetteville.

Tonight Mike and I celebrated being together for one year! Our one year anniversary is really tomorrow but he has to work and has a softball tournament that night so we decided to celebrate tonight. We went to Powerhouse and ate so yummy food and then came back to the house to relax and watch one of our favorite shows, Big Brother. We had thought about going to a movie but I was so exhausted from the weekend, I was afraid I would fall asleep in the theater.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend with my family! Hope your weekend was just as good! Maybe with less driving! :)

0 comments: