Friday, August 7, 2009

Tontitown Grape Festival

Last night, Mike and I went to the 111th Tontitown Grape Festival. Even though I've lived in NWA for 11years, I have never been before. They had live music, carnival rides and games, arts and crafts, and the famous spaghetti dinner. The line for the spaghetti dinner was a couple of hundred people deep! Thankfully we had ate before heading there. We rode the Tilt-A-Whirl, Pirate Ship, and my fave the Ferris Wheel. Mike played a couple of the games and won me a little stuffed bear. So sweet! We even bought 2 tickets to try and win a 2009 GMC Sierra. It was so HOT and muggy that we decided to leave around 8pm. All and all we had a really great time. Every time I go to something like that the lights, smells, and rides instantly takes me back to my childhood. It was nice to do something different!

I have finally started working on the extra bedroom. It has been empty for a couple of months now and yesterday I decided to do something about it. I moved in a bed, nightstand, and hung a few pictures on the wall. It already looks better and I'm not even done yet!

My Great Aunt is having brain surgery today. She has been suffering from severe migraines the last couple of weeks that has been caused by a small growth on her pituitary gland. I pray that the surgery will go well and she can start the road of recovery soon.

I'm heading out of town for a couple of days for my family reunion. I'm excited to see everyone!

Hope you have a great weekend!



EDIT: My great aunt's surgery went well. They found that it wasn't a growth but a cyst. They were able to drain it and she is now in the rocevery room. Great news!!

0 comments: