Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

When I was at my mom's house in May, she gave me a gallon of blueberries. I ate a half gallon and froze the other half. We've had lots of blueberry pancakes, yogurt and blueberries, blueberry smoothies, and blueberries and cornflakes this summer. When I was flipping through the new Southern Living, I found this blueberry muffin recipe and couldn't believe I had forgotten about blueberry muffins! I looked in the cabinets, had all the ingredients and decided to make them this rainy morning. I loved the simplicity and ease of this recipe. The muffins are not overwhelmingly sweet, but the texture is outstanding!


Blueberry Muffins
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries


  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray pan with cooking spray.

  • In a large bowl, stir together milk, egg, vanilla, and oil.

  • Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and blueberries; gently mix the batter with only a few strokes.

  • Spoon batter into cups.

  • Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

bridechic said...

thanks for sharing this. I'm an avid muffin maker . . .