Monday, July 20, 2009

Terra Studios- Bluebird of Happiness

Last week my mom came to Fayetteville (she lives in my hometown- Ozark) to purchase a laptop for her new business, Brookhaven the Garden Nursery. I had commented many times that I needed to get one before I started back to school in August. Well my sweet mom bought me one when she bought hers. Thanks momma! They needed to install some programs so we left both laptops overnight. Unfortunately mom had to go back that night so I picked up both the next day.

We decided to meet up today so that I could deliver her laptop. We met at Terra Studios on Hwy 16 south of Elkins since it's close to half way in between us. Plus neither one of us had been there in long time. Terra Studios is home of the Bluebirds of Happiness. It also has a pottery studio, blown glass gallery, and many gardens. They love gnomes and they are everywhere!

I warn you there are a TON of pictures:



the entrance:




bluebird of happiness house:


flower ladies:





waterfall in the sculpture garden:


glass used to make bluebirds:

gnomes around the campfire:

me and my friend:
mom and the "trash troll"

stoneware mural:
frog in a bikini:
trail:

bluebird of happiness gallery:
making bluebirds:

Bluebirds of Happiness:

Inside the Muse Gallery:

lunch in -of course- the gnome booth:

our table top- sand and gnome village: after lunch:

tea and cookies:

shhh ballet lessons in progress:

fairy wings:

sitting on the throne:

opening up her laptop:

this picture cracks me up- she was so excited:
bridge leading to the gazebo:

mom really liked the pattern on this picnic table:

Gazebo:
The Muse Gallery and coffee house where we had lunch:

Storms getting closer:

These two had to come home with me:

We had such a wonderful time this afternoon!
Hope your Monday was as good as mine!

1 comments:

Bosch Family said...

I haven't been there since I was a little girl! I need to take Chris sometime, he would like it.