Sunday, July 19, 2009

Relaxing Weekend...Sort Of!

The weekend didn't start off so well. Friday afternoon my boyfriend Mike came over and we had planned on going over to our friends Greg and Jessica's house for some drinks but around 7:00 he started having some tension in his chest. (side note: in the last several months Mike has been to several doctors, has had blood test after blood test, and x rays. You name it he's had it done and they still don't know what's causing him problems.) He was so concerned that we headed to the ER. More blood test and more x rays later they now think that he has damage to his esophagus. They gave him a whole list of things he can't eat and drink so hopefully that will help make him feel better along with the medicine. His doctor said that they will call him after they look closer at the x rays. Poor guy! We were finally able to leave at 11:30pm and ended up crashing as soon as we got home!
Saturday he was feeling much better so we had a light breakfast and then headed out to enjoy the awesome weather! 80 degrees in July- in Arkansas...WOO HOO! We drove around town with the windows down and the sunroof open. Ahhhh! We ended up at Locomotion and played a round of putt putt and fed the fish from the bridge. I wish I would have remembered my camera cause the fish and turtles they have in there are HUGE! I ended up losing at putt putt. Mike had back to back to back hole in ones! Afterwards were ready for lunch so we picked up some sandwiches from Schlotzky's and hung out at the house and watched movies for the rest of the night.

Today has been the most relaxing day of the weekend. We slept in, read the Sunday paper, and had breakfast. After Mike left, I hung out all afternoon in my pj's, went to the gym after dinner, and now I'm settling in for some TV. I am WAY behind on the DVR! I'm hoping I can knock some of it out tonight. One my favorites, Big Brother, is on at 7pm! Mike and I both picked who we thought would win this season and of course the guy I picked, Braden, was the first one to be evicted. Just my luck! Hopefully Mike's pick, Casey, will make it a little longer!


Hope you guys had an awesome weekend!

Oh and and late Saturday night I got a text from my friend Kammy saying that she got engaged! YAY! Congrats to you guys!

0 comments: