Monday, July 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home and a Birthday!

Saturday afternoon I cooked my mom's birthday dinner. She had decided that she wanted a chicken casserole and my grandma's jello salad. I had never made either one so I was a little worried but both ended up turning out great. Mike wasn't feeling well on Sunday so he stayed home and I went down to my mom's house for a couple of days. It's always so nice to be with my momma! She is my whole world and the most amazing woman!

When I got there we visited for a little while and then went in to town to rent some movies and also to stop by the nursery since I hadn't been there since early June. She has moved everything out of the greenhouse and into the shade house because of the heat. It's also so much easier and faster to water everything when it's all together. I helped out most Saturday's in the Spring and I can't believe how empty it looks compared to then. She has made the nursery into such a wonderful place and I know she has many more ideas that will be amazing.

Brookhaven the Garden:

these are her HUGE tomato plants:

empty greenhouse:

side flowerbed:

Afterwards we headed back to mom's house to make a birthday peach pie. YUM-MY!

Mike really likes peaches so mom sent home a jar of her canned peaches for him!

Last night we watched Keeping the Faith (I would not recommend it) and Changeling (SO GOOD), ate a wonderful dinner, and then went to bed. This morning we woke up and had coffee on the porch and then headed back to the nursery to water. Mom needed so help with her laptop so we played with that and then it was time to head back to Fayetteville. Time always seems to fly by while I'm down there. Probably because I'm having so much fun! :) I hope you had a wonderful birthday Momma!


Mike has finally been able to get an appointment to have a camera put down his esophagus so that they can try and figure out what's causing him to feel so bad. We go in at 10am tomorrow. He is so miserable and ready to start the path of feeling better. Hope all goes well!

0 comments: