Monday, September 7, 2009

3 Day Weekend

I love when it's the weekend but a THREE day weekend is even better! Even though I currently don't have a job, I look forward to Mike being off and being able to do weekend activities!

Friday night, Abbe and I visited over some pizza and sweet tea vodka while getting ready for a night out at George's to watch Jason Boland and the Stragglers. When we got there we went straight to the back to claim a spot and instantly noticed how miserably hot it was in the back. I was fine until it got packed and there was absolutely no air movement. An hour into the show I was feeling really sick and decided to hang out in the front and cool down a little bit. I didn't want to ruin Abbe's night but I started to feel worse and worse, so I ended up calling Mike to come pick me up and take me home. Good thing cause as soon as I got in his car I got sick sick sick. I'm thinking I may have gotten too hot and dehydrated. I was so looking forward to that show too- dang it!

I woke up Saturday morning feeling so much better. Thank goodness cause it was game day! We watched football all afternoon and then I met Ben at Sassy's Red House to watch the HOGS play. Mike met us out for the second half and we had a great time out on the patio. The game ended up being a blowout with the Hogs winning 48-10! WPS!


Mike and I at Sassy' watching the HOGS play:
We got up early Sunday morning and went down to Ozark to visit my mom. She was making a homemade apple pie when we got there so we waited for that to bake and then headed up to White Rock Mountain. I hadn't been in several years and really wanted Mike to see it. It was a little hazy when we got up to the top but the view was still beautiful. The pictures just don't do it justice!

the entrance:
the view:






my momma and I:
the three of us:
Shore's Lake:
After exploring around the Ozark National Forrest all day we were hungry! Mom cooked an amazing dinner- grilled chicken, corn on the cob, twice baked potatoes, jello salad and apple pie! YUM-MY! We even got to bring home the leftover's- my mom is the greatest! It was so wonderful to spend day with my two favorite people!

We were exhausted when we got back to town and I ended up sleeping 12 hours straight Sunday night! I felt so refreshed this morning and spent Labor Day straighting up the house, catching up on homework, working in my flowerbeds, napping, and watching TV.
It was a great 3 day weekend- I wish we had more of them!

2 comments:

Charity said...

You two are SO SO CUTE together!!! PERFECT match!!!

LOVE the picture of Shore's Lake. The reflection of the clouds is AWESOME!!!

Have a GREAT Week at school!!!

Lexie said...

awwww, the Mtn. I haven't been there in FOREVER! Naw, not really, but it has been a long, long time.