Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas with my Mom

My mom came to town the Sunday after Christmas to spend the day with us. She was not able to make it for my birthday or Christmas due to the weather. She came bearing gifts, homemade lasagna, and a boston cream pie. All my favorites! :)

My mom makes this cake every year for my birthday. It so so so YUMMY!
For last 10 years or so I've been saving my favorite t-shirts for my mom to make a t-shirt quilt for me. We had talked about doing it together but never found the time. It was a great surprise to open one of my gifts and see she had finished it! I LOVE IT! There are so many great memories on that quilt. It has been on the couch, keeping us warm while watching TV, every day since then.


My senior t-shirt with all my classmates signatures (1998):
My senior trip to St Louis(1998):
My very first Hog bowl game (1999):
The white shirt is an honor roll shirt from senior year (1998)
The grey shirt was in a care package that we got on the first night in the dorms at the U of A (1998):
Mardi Gras t-shirt from the last year Kammy, Lexi and I went (2003)
I can still see my step dad Jim wearing this blue t-shirt. There are several of his shirts included which makes this quilt even more special since he passed away in 2007.

I went to the Okra Fest with my grandparents and brought this shirt home for my mom(1992):
The first time I went to Midnight Madness(1998):

We had such a great day visiting, eating, and opening gifts!
Thanks mom for making the holidays so special!

4 comments:

Lexie said...

what a neat idea! I remember you wearing that tye-died one, too.

Charity said...

I can still see you in that tie-dyed one ;-) SO YOU!!!! GREAT QUILT!!!

Anonymous said...

Where's that Pinkish hair dye-ing shirt? I know you have it! You must still be wearing it.....

Celeste said...

Yep tye dye was my favorite- still is! :)

oh and don't worry the pink hair dye shirt made it in but it had so many holes in it that it became the background for some patches. You can see it in the second picture, all the way to right, second square up, aboce the green canoe race shirt!

Man I wish I still had that shirt!