Sunday, January 30, 2011

{devil's den}

The weather was absolutely beautiful here in NWA yesterday! I heard that the temperature got up to 74 degrees. In January?! I'll take it though since freezing rain and snow are in the forecast for Tuesday. That's Arkansas weather for you!
Mike had a softball tournament all weekend and I had planned on doing housework and homework. I was excited to get an email early Saturday morning saying that some friends of mine were getting together at Devil's Den to enjoy the weather and have a picnic. I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it since I had so much to do around the house, but I was able to finish up and head that way that afternoon. We enjoyed grilling burgers, eating cupcakes, playing dominoes, and just being out in the sunshine!
I now long for Spring- baseball, flowers, warmer days, green trees, camping, and canoeing! I think I still have a couple of months wait though. Guess I will curl up on the couch with a book and hot chocolate instead.

0 comments: