Sunday, May 1, 2011

{my face}

I have never had absolutely terrible skin. Even in my teen years I usually only had the occasional break out or dry skin. I'm so thankful for that since my dad has deep acne scars from when he was younger. That was until I hit the big 3-0. My complexion went crazy. One day it would be super dry and then a couple of days later oily and broke out. I couldn't get any kind of balance. I tried everything and have a cabinet full of "stuff" that didn't work. I have finally found a combination of products that have made all the difference in the world and I feel like my face is finally under control. I know all skin types are different but I thought I would share what has worked so well for me the last year and half.
I used to use Philosophy Purity face wash but opted to start using a drug store brand because it was cheaper. Never again. This stuff is amazing. It's so gentle on your skin yet it gets every inch of your makeup off without scrubbing your face raw. I use this in the AM and the PM.

I know that you're not supposed to use eye make up remover because your rubbing, tugging, and pulling the sensitive skin around your eye but I can't not use it. Clinique Take The Day Off works great on a cotton ball and just blotting the area around the eye. It takes off waterproof mascara so easily and doesn't leave your eyes an oily mess.

Olay Total Effects is my day time moisturizer. It's so light, not oily, and leaves my face so smooth.
I never used a night moisturizer in my 20's (honestly I never washed my face at night either) but I have recently realized how important it is. While you're sleeping your skin repairs itself from all the stress and toxins from the day. Clinique Youth Surge Night Cream works the best for me. I saw a difference the first night. No lie.
I just started using BeautiControl's Resurface Microdeambrasion last fall. Most microdeambrasions that I have used in the past hurt and irritated my skin. I love that I can apply however much pressure I need to with the buffer and it makes my face so much smoother and helps makeup go on easier. I use it three times a week.


0 comments: